Thursday, February 18, 2010

HAND IN HAND!


John 15:5-7 “…apart from me you can do nothing…IF you stay joined to me AND My words remain in you, you may ask any request you like and it will be granted to you!”NLT


There is built within the makeup of every person, a desire to be part of something productive, especially those who have been “born again” into the Family of God. In John 15:8 Jesus said “My disciples bear much fruit. This brings great glory to My Father.”


Whenever we are separated from a vital functioning relationship with Jesus and His Kingdom work, our lives tend to lack excitement, purpose and motivation. We begin to stagnate and stagnant water stinks. In our Scripture today, Jesus tells us how to be productive in His Kingdom work. We must stay joined (connected) to Him and His Words! Pretty simple principle, however so few Christians actually walk in this dual union.


Today, we’ll cover part one…


1) STAYING JOINED WITH HIM…In Matthew 11:28-30, Jesus states “Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”


What you have probably never seen before is that we don’t just come to him to rest, but we are to come to Him to be YOKED with Him. When you come to Him and YOKE yourself to Him, you have to remain close, connected and joined with Him, then you will find “rest for your soul.”

A) The Church has been errant in not teaching us that this is our goal, “to abide in Him.” You did well to come to Him, but you do better to yoke yourself to Him. We never knew that the real calling of Jesus was not just to come, but to be YOKED! Even though we’ve heard the term “abide,” we have never really believed that an abiding life was possible.


B) Perhaps you’re one of the very few who did believe that it was possible to remain joined with Him, but you never discovered the secret to abiding. For the remainder, whenever Jesus would have kept us abiding, sadly to say, we were not ready to stay connected; not prepared to give up everything!


IT IS HIS CALL TO ABIDE IN HIM. IT IS POSSIBLE TO ABIDE OR REMAIN CONNECTED WITH HIM!


Here’s the secret:


a) Be Poor in SpiritMatthew 5:3 If you want to walk in the Kingdom, you must first realize your desperate need for His ability in your life. You must realize that as often that you have attempted to abide…YOU have failed in your own abilities and strength.


b) Recognize that God desires to enable you with His Ability and Willpower to Abide. Phillipians 2:13 Your willpower and ability will never get it done! Tell Him that you give up and relinquish the responsibility for the willpower and strength necessary to abide in Him. Ask Him to give you His willpower and His ability.


c) Begin to admit your own inability and willpower are insufficient. Understand that in Your weaknesses, His Strength is made perfect. 2 Corinthians 12:9


d) Begin to be real and confess your inabilities and weaknesses. Something wonderful happens when you do! 2 Corinthians 12:9 “And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.” The power of Jesus comes upon your inabilities and your confession begins to change to “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!” Phillipians 4:13

e) The secret is wrapped up here in Paul’s revelation in Romans 7:24-25 " O wretched man that I am! Who is able to deliver me from this body of death (Dependence upon My own abilities and wisdom)? I thank God! Jesus can and Jesus will!”

RECOGNIZE YOUR OWN INABILITY. CONFESS YOUR INABILITY. ASK HIM TO DO IT ALL INCLUDING WILLPOWER AND ABILITY!


Next issue: How to remain joined with His Word and receive your Kingdom requests!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Never saw that before!