Friday, June 5, 2009

I WONDER IF........ THAT WAS GOD?

Isa 1:19 "If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land"

God works in the strangest ways. Everything He does has a purpose, and sometimes we lose sight of that fact. One of the things I’ve learned is this simple truth. Everything has a Divine Purpose. God is the Director and Orchestrator of our lives and life goes much easier when we follow His dictates.


Jeremiah puts it this way. God says through His Prophet “I know what I’m doing. I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.” Jeremiah 29:11 MSG


This is not because he wants to yank us around like a puppet on a string in order to watch us dance to His beat. It’s because He wishes to empower us to live and experience the future we can only dream of, if we choose to experience life on our own abilities and terms! His plan is to take the “Care” of life off of our shoulders and to place it firmly on His shoulders. His are broader that ours! “Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about what happens to you.” 1 Peter 5:7


God is sooooooo good to us….sometimes we just don’t recognize His intentions or His interventions when they show up on the scene. “The steps of the godly are directed by the LORD. He delights in every detail of their lives.” Psalm 37:23 NLT


He truly cares about every aspect of our lives and it gives Him great joy to provide us with opportunities to unleash His goodness upon our lives. Listen very carefully here! The foundational Scripture for this post as listed above is “IF you be WILLING and OBEDIENT, (THEN) you shall eat the good of the land.”


Last Tuesday, I was trying my best (Not necessarily His best) to engage new customers for our business. With the economy, everyone seems to be struggling somewhat, however God has a different plan for His people, and like every other facet of our lives He delights in directing these affairs, as well. I was on an appointment mid morning, and after that I stopped by the local mall across the street to have a battery replaced in my watch. For the last three days it was 11:20 AM.


While the watch was being repaired, I peered across the mall in to an African American beauty salon. The salon was beautifully accessorized and the atmosphere suggested a warm, relaxed and professional place of business. There was only one problem. During a busy part of the day, the place was completely empty, with only one employee standing near the front door. The Spirit of the Lord began to urge me to go and pray for this business and it’s success, and I didn’t want to hear what He had to say. I’m not sure of all the thoughts that were going through my head as I resisted His directive, but I felt that this was a great inconvenience and probably wasn't even Him speaking.


At the same time, the gentleman repairing my watch rescued me from the internal conflict and told me my watch was finished. I paid him for the repair and walked out of the shop, turning away from the Salon, and slowly exited the mall, all the while resisting the call to go and pray for that business. I walked across the parking lot and got to my car, but the Voice of the Lord was so heavy in my heart, I knew that it was urgent and the fate of that business rested in someone responding to God’s plan to release the prophetic voice into that place of business.


Long story short, is that I asked the lady if this establishment was “Christian owned?” She said that it was so, and I told her the Spirit of the Lord had told me to pray and release His blessing on the business. She was incredibly blessed, to say the least. After I prayed, I went on my way, having played a part in His Purposes for that business. I never even considered what was also happening behind the scenes. God was on the move and He had broken through.


When I got to the office, I wrote a four page proposal for the business call I had been on that morning. I sent it to the proper authority for a review process that usually takes between ten days to three weeks before a resolution can be reached and then we would establish a start date IF the deal was agreed upon. THIRTY minutes after I sent the Proposal, the person called me back, with no discussion on pricing and said that he would call me by Friday and we could start as early as this Monday. I did not connect that miracle to what had happened earlier in the day!


As I lay in bed that night, the Lord spoke to me the Scripture from Isaiah 1:19.“If you be willing and obedient…” THEN “you shall eat…” I realized what the Lord had done. When He used me to bring His blessings to another believer, he was also seeing to it that I would reap what I had sewn. God had broken through for me. I drifted off to a very deep and peaceful sleep. I thought this was all very wonderful, and thanked Him for His blessing. I also asked Him to forgive me for being stubborn and to help me realize that every move He makes does HAVE A DIVINE PURPOSE.


I never considered that there could be more to follow. I won’t go into all the detail, BUT...


Wednesday… resulted in two more appointments where, when I walked in the door, these prospects seemed like they had been waiting for me all their lives and they are dumping huge amounts of business to our Company.


Thursday…a proposal that we had done in January for a converting an empty space into a professional office was faxed in to the office and awarded to us, accepting our price, as quoted.


Friday…I had another appointment where the people gave me the same reception I had experienced on Wednesday and again heaped all sorts of business in our direction. I had to slow down the process because of all the business these people had given us.


I walked out the door rejoicing in the Lord and I heard Him say “If you be willing and obedient, you shall eat the good of the land.” He continued and reminded me of His Word; “Now it will come to pass, if you diligently obey the voice of the Lord your God, to observe carefully all… which I command you today, that the Lord your God will set you high above all nations of the earth. And all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you, because you obey the voice of the Lord your God” Deuteronomy 28: 1-2 The next 12 verses contain all the heritage and blessings of the obedient child of God!


Now what would have happened if I hadn’t responded to His call to pray for that business? You can see what happened when I did!


Friends, some are still questioning, “I wonder if that was God?”

The difference between you and I...


I know it was…NO DOUBT HERE!

What is God asking you to do today?

Trust in Him today!


PS: We start Tuesday at the first place listed above. He called as promised!


No comments: