Sunday, June 6, 2010

AMBER WAVES OF GRAIN


2 Chronicles 7: 14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.


In Centreville, Md. where I live they are just beginning to harvest the winter wheat. This is wheat that is planted right before the onset of winter’s woes and barely breaks the surface as winter sets in. As the warmth of spring arises, the plants then commence to grow and produce a sure harvest of wheat and straw. At harvest time, the plant turns from emerald green to the amber waves of grain that you can see in the accompanying picture, taken right here in Centreville.

On seeing this visual the other day, I heard the words to America the Beautiful enter into my spirit and I began to sing. “O beautiful for spacious skies, for amber waves of grain…” Then I began to rehearse all the negatives that have been cropping up with this once great Nation and I asked myself “What went wrong?”

I could blame it on the Democrats or Republicans, the Liberals or Conservatives, Obama or Bush, the ACLU or the Muslims, the Blacks, Whites or Hispanics, and the list goes on and on. Then I heard that “still small voice” from the Spirit of the Lord and He hit me with the Truth!

“If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.” The problem lies squarely with you and I…the Church of Jesus Christ!

“If my people, who are called by My name…” The Spirit of the Lord is talking about us…Christians. He clearly lays the responsibility for the healing of our land (U.S.A.) upon our shoulders. When a Nation suffers injury it is a direct result of the People of God not properly shouldering our responsibilities!

“…shall humble themselves…” As Christians we need to submit our own personal goals and desires to line up with His Kingdom pursuits. It’s not about our leisure time, hobbies or even our families. It’s about His family and His directives.

“…and pray…” Not to get personal, but when is the last time you prayed for our President or the Leadership (Whether you agree with them or not) of this once great nation? Have you prayed that the Lord would give them “a heart to know Him, and to turn their hearts towards Him..”? (Jeremiah 24:7) Have you prayed for revival in America the beautiful lately? Have you even prayed for revival in your own life lately? Exactly what measure of influence have you personally had on the spiritual condition of our own Country? Perhaps we need to reflect, repent and react!

“…seek my face..” Notice He does not say “Seek My hand.” One of the conditions for the healing of our nation is for Christians to spend time in the Presence of God, where we can be strengthened with His joy. It’s a horrible shame that we spend more time with our televisions and other leisure time than we do with our Creator God!

“..and turn from our wicked ways…” Simply put, sin separates us from God and from His provision. As long as we continue to submit ourselves to our repetitive sins, He can not answer our prayers and we become impotent Kingdom people. Isaiah 59:2 “But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.” OUCH!

If WE will HUMBLE OURSELVES, PRAY, SEEK THE FACE OF GOD AND TURN FROM OUR SINS…HE WILL HEAL OUR NATION AND RESTORE IT’S LUSTER!

Sounds like a great deal to me! Count me in! How about you?

No comments: