Wednesday, June 9, 2010

HURTING?


Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.” Matthew 11:28

The song goes something like this… “When you’re weary, feeling small, and tears are in your eyes, I will comfort you.” It goes on in a later portion to say “And pain is all around, like a Bridge over Troubled Water, I will lay me down.”

Life is tough. No one ever said it was easy. Everyone suffers pain due to the sinful, selfish condition of man's heart. There are people all around us who are really hurting right now. We all are suffering in one situation or another. Perhaps life has tossed some curves and pains in your own direction. Perhaps a loved one has recently been diagnosed with the "C' word or may have passed on. Maybe you're lonely, crushed, dissappointed, or even betrayed. You child may have gone astray or is temporarily failing in life. It could be tattered finances, a lost job or an empty loveless heart. Sometimes you just break down and cry.

I want you to know this fact! Jesus loves you so much that he told me to write this one to you as a personal love letter from Him toYou!

Jesus IS the Bridge Over Troubled Waters and He wants you to know what The Manufacturer’s Handbook has to say about dealing with loss in life!

1) Run toward God…not away from Him. The Bible says “…He will give you all you need from day to day if you live for him (to know Him) and make the Kingdom of God your primary concern.” Matthew 6:33 So many people get angry with Him and blame it all on Him out of ignorance. They neither know Him or His principles.

2) Recognize that certain areas of your life, and life in general, are uncontrollable. He does have the Power to change either you or your situation, whichever He chooses. Jesus “said to them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.” Mt 19:26 Do not give up hope! David, in the midst of total despair penned these words in Psalm 43:5 “Why are you down in the dumps, dear soul? Why are you crying the blues? Fix my eyes on God—soon I’ll be praising again. He puts a smile on my face. He’s my God.” The Message . David knew the secret… “He’s my God!”

3) God knows about your situation…Psalm 31:7 “I am overcome with joy because of your unfailing love, for you have seen my troubles, and you care about the anguish of my soul.” He has seen your troubles and HE CARES FOR YOU!

4) God’s love and care for you is not performance based! His love is UNCONDITIONAL! Jeremiah 31:3 puts it this way… “I have loved you, my people, with an everlasting love. With unfailing love I have drawn you to myself.”

5) Dive into the Bible (The Word) and see that you really do matter to Him and discover what God is really like. Just because you have certain ideas about God, does not mean they’re right! Your personal conception of what God is like doesn’t matter. What matters is the truth! Jesus said in John 8:31 “to those…who believed Him, “If you continue (stay in, discover and apply) in My word, you are My disciples indeed. And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”
Simply hearing things about me will never give you access into my way of thinking or reveal what’s going on in my heart. But you know me because you have spent time with me! It’s even more true with Him!

6) Know that your struggles are only temporary and that He is right here with you no matter what kind of a fiery trial you’re going through. YOU ARE GOING THROUGH THE FIRE. YOU WILL GET THROUGH AND ON THE OTHER SIDE THERE AWAITS A PROMOTION! Two of my favorite verses in the Bible are these…

A) “Look!” he answered, “I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire; and they are not hurt, and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.” Daniel 3:25 Jesus was in the fiery furnace assuring that they would make it through to the other side!
B) “Then the king promoted Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego in the province of Babylon.” At the end of their ordeal…they received an elevated position! Something good is waiting for you on the other side of your hurt and pain!

7) God will eventually bring good out of your hurt and pain. Romans 8:28 confirms this. “And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.” He will use the situation to bring you to Himself and to His Comfort.

8) Connect with others who know His love and have experienced His Divine intervention in the hurts of their own lives. We are waiting for you! We want to give to your hurt like he has given into our hurt! 2 Corinthians 1:4 “He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When others are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us.”

9) Know that you will see your loved ones again, if you have invited the Lordship of Jesus into your own life. “He will remove all of their sorrows, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. For the old world and its evils are gone forever.” Revelation 21:4

10) Everyone who reads this letter can have the same trust and surety, that when you breathe your last breath, you too can be ushered into the presence of God. It is by the Grace of God and your simple childlike faith that you gain access into the family of God. John 3:16 “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.” YOU WILL NEVER EARN ENTRANCE ON YOUR OWN! YOU’VE ALREADY FAILED! Romans 3:23



SOMEBODY IS SAYING, “BUT KEN YOU DON’T KNOW THE HURT AND PAIN I’M FEELING!”

Yes. I do!
On June 22, 2007, I lost my beautiful grandbaby Eliana Kaye Bombard.

THIS IS THE EXACT PLAN HE GAVE TO ME IN THE MIDST OF MY HURT AND PAIN! IT WORKED FOR ME. HIS WORD WILL WORK FOR YOU!

No comments: