Wednesday, December 23, 2009

THE CHRISTMAS BELL

“The bottom edge of the ephod shall be embroidered with blue, purple, and scarlet pomegranates, alternated with gold bells. Aaron shall wear the ephod whenever he goes in to minister to the Lord; the bells will tinkle as he goes in and out of the presence of the Lord in the Holy Place...” Exodus 28:34-35

The only place the word “Bell” is used in the Bible is in reference to the golden bells which were attached to the bottom of the robe the High Priest wore when he ventured into the Holy of Holies or the very Presence of God. The bells were doubtless intended to keep up the people's attention to the very solemn and important office which the priest was then performing, that they might all have their hearts engaged in the work; and at the same time to keep Aaron himself in remembrance that he ministered before Jehovah, and should not come into his presence without due reverence.

I would also remind you that if the bells were to stop ringing, the attendants would drag the High priest from the Holy of Holies by the rope attached to his foot. He had made the fatal mistake of attempting to enter the Presence of God improperly prepared or without reverential awe!

Sometimes it does us good to rehearse the Awesomeness of God and remember that the Presence of God now lives within us! You have become the Holy of Holies. Someone sent me the following “Christmas Bell” by email and the author remains anonymous. I wanted to share it with you this Christmas in order to remind you that you have a right to enter into the presence of God because of the Gift He gave us the first Christmas.

What better time than now to believe in your heart that Jesus was born in that manger to die on the Cross for you! As you believe then invite Him to be the Lord over your life; your Gift from God will be New Life this Christmas!

Now read and research every Scripture within your own “Christmas Bell!”

May the Peace of God and His Spirit of Eternal Life be your portion today!



THE BELL

I KNOW WHO I AM
I am God's child (John 1:12)
I am Christ's friend (John 15:15 )
I am united with the Lord (1 Cor 6:17)
I am bought with a price (1 Cor. 6:19-20)
I am a saint (set apart for God). (Eph. 1:1)
I am a personal witness of Christ. (Acts 1:8)
I am the salt & light of the earth (Matt 5:13-14)
I am a member of the body of Christ (1 Cor 12:27)
I am free forever from condemnation ( Rom. 8: 1-2)
I am a citizen of Heaven. I am significant (Phil 3 :20)
I am free from any charge against me (Rom. 8:31 -34)
I am a minister of reconciliation for God (2 Cor 5:17-21)
I have access to God through the Holy Spirit (Eph. 2:18)
I am seated with Christ in the heavenly realms (Eph. 2:6)
I cannot be separated from the love of God (Rom 8:35-39)
I am established, anointed, sealed by God (2 Cor 1:21-22 )
I am assured all things work together for good (Rom. 8:28 )
I have been chosen and appointed to bear fruit (John 15:16 )
I may approach God with freedom and confidence (Eph. 3: 12 )
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me (Phil. 4:13 )
I am the branch of the true vine, a channel of His life (John 15: 1-5)
I am God's temple (1 Cor. 3: 16). I am complete in Christ (Col10)
I am hidden with Christ in God (Col. 3:3).. I have been justified (Romans 5:1)
I am God's co-worker (1 Cor. 3:9; 2 Cor. 6:1). I am God's workmanship (Eph. 2:10)
I am confident that the good works God has begun in me will be perfected. (Phil. 1: 5)
I have been redeemed and forgiven ( Col 1:14). I have been adopted as God's child (Eph 1:5)
I belong to God
Do you know
Who you are?

No comments: