Monday, July 19, 2010

WHAT'S REALLY IMPORTANT?


Phil 3:8-9 “…all the things I once thought were so important are gone from my life. Compared to the high privilege of knowing Christ Jesus firsthand, everything I once thought I had going for me is insignificant. I’ve dumped it all in the trash so that I could embrace Christ and be embraced by him…”

There was a time in my life that, by the standards of the world, I pretty much had all that this world could offer. I had a house on the river, boats, toys, cars, women, money, party goods, parties, athletic abilities, awards, scholastic achievements and much more. I was not a happy person!

I began a personal journey to discover real happiness and satisfaction. I searched for it in every venue that this world has to offer without any success. You name it, I tried it! Each of those experiences simply left me empty and without meaning, purpose or personal fulfillment. Believe me when I say “I tried it all!”

As I observed others, to order to assist me in the discovery of what real life should be all about, I noticed a special group of people, who even though they weren’t exempt from the trials of life, lived life in a very vibrant sort of fashion. These people had a zest for life and compassion seemed to be the order of the day. They didn’t have to medicate to rest at night or to awake and face each new day. They always had a smile on their face, and it wasn’t the numb, contrived look that worldly people paint on each new morning.

As I began to dig around in their lives, I discovered that it wasn’t what they had accumulated in the way of material possessions, (Some had them, others didn’t) finances, conquests, business accolades or awards. They all had one thing in common…they had entered into a relationship with this one they called Jesus. One of these “weird” people introduced me to Him and that was all it took. John 10:10 “I came that you might have life (The God kind of Life) and live it more abundantly!”

Paul continues on in the next verse…Phillipians 3:9ff “ I didn’t want some petty, inferior brand of righteousness that comes from keeping a list of rules when I could get the robust kind that comes from trusting Christ—God’s righteousness. I gave up all that inferior stuff so I could know Christ personally, and experience his resurrection power…”

This describes my life perfectly…I literally gave up on all that “inferior stuff” so that I could allow “His resurrection power…” to come into my life and bring me into the place where He could lead me into a life that brought me to the fulfillment of my dreams.
One by one, He began to transform the individual areas of my life that had suffered from a lack of life through His Resurrection Power! I challenge you today to allow Him to breathe fresh life back into the areas of your life that have fizzled & died...Relationship with God, Hopes, dreams, futures, finances, physical & emotional health, relationships, faith, ability to love others and yourself, purpose, sanity, marriage, feelings, temperance, and victory.

He is looking for relationship with you-not religion. Invite Him into the areas of your life today that are lifeless. Take a moment with the Holy Spirit and allow Him to be honest with you. Ask Him to show you the areas that need a dose of resurrection Power. When He reveals them to you…be honest with him and tell Him you need His Power to bring new life into that area!

Mark 11:24 “Therefore I say to you, Whatever things you desire, when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you shall have them.” If you really desire from the depths of your heart, a fresh breath of Resurrection Power, He will give it to you!

“I gave up all that inferior stuff so I could know Christ personally, and experience his resurrection power…” Phillipians 3:10
STUFF IS JUST STUFF NO MATTER HOW YOU DRESS IT!

No comments: