Thursday, November 5, 2009

TRYING TOO HARD?

Are you tired of trying too hard to try hard?

Read it again!

Are you tired of trying too hard to be a good Christian?


The NLT states that “Those who live (Abide, stay, remain…don’t move in and out) in the shelter of the most High will find REST in the shadow of the Almighty.” Psalm 91:1


Trying to live the way that pleases the Lord is a tough assignment if you are working in your own strength and it’s extremely exhausting. Jeremiah 17:5 tells us that “Cursed is the man who trusts in man And makes flesh his strength, Whose heart departs from the Lord."


The Bible tells us about two kinds of strength…the arm of the flesh (Human energy) and the Arm of the Lord (God’s energy, strength and power).Pastor Spero taught me years ago that whatever I manufactured, I had to maintain and whatever God manufactured, God would maintain! In John 3: 6 Jesus said that “What is born of the flesh is flesh; and what is born of the Spirit is Spirit.” What is begun in the flesh must be empowered by the flesh, or your own ability. What is originated in the Spirit is maintained, empowered and brought to a successful conclusion by the Spirit. When we try to operate, or perform, or do, or live, or work, or minister, or pray, or praise, or worship, etc, it needs to be done in Hios way with His ability! "Those who worship me will worship me in Spirit and truth.”

It is very difficult to complete the tasks, plans and programs we initiate and devise. When God conceives a matter, He carries it through to the final product, without any struggles on our part. Jesus said that when we are yoked to Him, His Burden is EASY! THIS MY CHRISTIAN FRIENDS IS RESTING IN THE SHADOW OF THE ALMIGHTY!

It all begins with the pursuit of God Himself. Matthew 6:33 informs us that the way to achieve anything and everything is to put God first. How do we cast our cares on Him…by verbalizing that our situations now belong to Him and by getting more intense in our personal search for the heart of God. When you pursue Him…His heart of love responds and our needs are met, whatever they might be. Power to minister; the ability to leave a particular sin behind; a breakthrough in our finances; a renewed relationship previously soured; a sick baby made whole; a troubled and worried mind filled with peace; fears released; are all released into our lives as we put Him first!

Psalm 91 ties it all together… " Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;

10 There shall no evil befall you, neither will any plague come near your dwelling. For he will give his angels charge over you, to keep you in all your ways. They will bear you up in their hands, lest you dash your foot against a stone. Thou will tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon will you trample under feet. Because he has set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he has known my name. He will call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honor him. With long life will I satisfy him, and show him my salvation."

Because you have chosen to rest in God and let His Spirit direct, orchestrate and empower your life…no more arm of the flesh, you will make it. For me and my house…we are choosing the Arm of the Lord. I’m tired of trying too hard to try hard!

Rest in His Presence!


PLEASE TELL OTHERS ABOUT THIS WEBSITE. IT'S ABSOLUTLEY NECESSARY TO SPREAD THE TRUTH OF GOD'S GOODNESS AND MERCY BY AS MANY MEANS AS POSSIBLE! TELL THEM TO GO TO THIS ADDRESS AND SIGN UP FOR AUTO DELIVERY: http://heart2heartblog.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Cathyski said...

I know I needed to read and remember this teaching, thanks Pastor Ken for being so faithful.
God Bless,
Cathy Ski